1. Bharata.– A sage of old who, as a result of living the holy life, was born in the Brahma world. J.vi.99.
2. Bharata.– The Bodhisatta born as the king of Roruva and husband of Samuddavijayā. For his story see the Āditta Jātaka. J.iii.470 ﬀ.
3. Bharata.– A hunter who brought from the Himavā the chief of a herd of monkeys whose cry was one of the noises mentioned in the Aṭṭhasadda Jātaka (q.v.) J.iii.432.
4. Bharata Thera.– He was a householder of Campā, and, having heard that Soṇa Kolivisa had left the world, he, too, with his brother, Nandaka, entered the Order, soon afterwards becoming an Arahant. Later, he helped his more slow-
In the past Bharata gave to Anomadassī Buddha a pair of comfortable and very beautiful sandals. Thag.vss.175, 176; ThagA.i.300 f.
5. Bharata.– King of the Sovīras in the time of Reṇu. His capital was in Roruva. D.ii.235 f.