1. Mahā Vagga.– A section of the Vinaya Piṭaka, divided into chapters (khandhaka). The introductory chapters give an account of the incidents immediately following the Buddha’s Enlightenment, leading up to the foundation of the Order of the Saṅgha. It then gives various rules for members of the Saṅgha, together with the circumstances which led to the formulation of each rule.
2. Mahā Vagga.– The second section of the Dīghanikāya, containing suttas No.14‑23.
3. Mahā Vagga.– The third section of the Suttanipāta, containing twelve suttas.
4. Mahā Vagga.– The first section of the Paṭisambhidāmagga.
5. Mahā Vagga.– The fifth section of the Saṃyuttanikāya.
6. Mahā Vagga.– The seventh section of the Tika Nipāta, the twentieth of the Catukka, the sixth of the Chakka, the seventh of the Sattaka, the second of the Aṭṭhaka, and the third of the Dasaka Nipāta of the Aṅguttaranikāya.